Lee Hwi Hyang in Stairway to Heaven

Although I don't want to rewatch Stairway to Heaven that fast because of it teary eyed, I can't help but really give praise to the performance of this wonderful lady who can portray the wicked stepmother really well. One can just really imagine how she could really play the actress Tae Mira well. Okay Kim Tae Hee did well but I just love the way she did her part in the whole tragic drama.

For example you don't know she's evil or has an ex-husband at the beginning. She appears to be kindly and yes, Lee Hwi Hyang portrays it so well you just don't know she's evil until she's required to act evil. I just love how she was able to portray the scene of Tae Mira with her bum of an ex-husband where she initially refuses to bring back the children from her previous marriage. There I felt that the actress was really talented.

And of course, you'll hate her character Tae Mira more and more when she begins to show her true colors to her stepdaughter Jung Suh thanks to the wonderful performance of this lady. Her eyes can change from soft to piercing whenever necessary- soft when she is with her daughter Yoori and sharp when she's against her stepdaughter Jung Suh. Or even how she pretends to be kind in front of her second husband Han Su Ha especially when she first met him- you never knew her character was evil.

And of course, how she can portray a convincing liar was even very good, maybe if you were there, you'd be deceived. And of course, she shows the pitiful side of her- I mean I even felt sorry for the earlier scenes of her character Tae Mira because of her failed marriage and got mad whenever she did something bad (at the same time felt sorry) because I could feel myself in her although another wrong doesn't right a wrong.

Comments