Remembering Teresa Teng's Music

I can't really call myself a fan of older Chinese entertainment if I didn't mention the most unforgettable music of the 80s-90s which was Ms. Teresa Teng.  
She had a lovely voice that rocked Asia especially when she's a fast learner in languages. However her Mandarin and Japanese songs were the most famous.


Which songs did I like sung by Teresa Teng? Here are some of them in no particular order in Mandarin unless specified:
  • Moon Represents My Heart
  • Sweet Honey Honey
  • Evening Primrose
  • Love without End
  • Small Town Story
  • Hello
  • Naniwa Bushi (Japanese)
  • Love Goddess with Alan Tam (Cantonese)
  • A Light Kiss
  • Mei Hua
  • Wish We Last Forever
  • I Care About You
  • I Care About You (Japanese version)
  • When Will You Return
Besides, I could remember how Teresa Teng's songs later had an impact with modern Chinese shows and entertainment like:
  • Moon Represents My Heart is given many modern renditions by Jerry Yan, Sammi Cheng, Andy Lau, Anita Mui, Leslie Cheung, Cyndi Wang and even given a rap version by David Tao.
  • Machi Di Di made a rap version of Sweet Honey Honey.
  • In Meteor Garden, I could remember Shan Tsai's mother sing When Will You Return but the song is NOT officially used.
You want to try some of these products from Amazon:

Essential Best
Prime Selection Teresa Teng Taurus
Teresa Teng Best, Vol. 10
Teresa Teng Single Collection
Concert Live
The Best
Best + Best Nihongo & Chugokugo Hit Kyoku Kikikurabe
Akasia No Yume


    Comments