Goro Ibuki... the Samurai Man!

Well I guess Shinkenger fans know him as Jii but what got me curious was why he landed on the role and here's what I discovered.  He belonged to the same batch as the legendary actor Hayato Tani and more or less the same age but he also played in jidaigeki film or period dramas which may again explain why he became Jii in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.

Yup this guy looks like he means business!  I just love his kimono here and I guess this one good reason why he was chosen to play the part of Jii.

Now that's an iamge of a samurai.  I wish he wore that outfit in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.  Made me think, he really manages to act the part of Jii better than the PR Samurai counterpart acted by Rene Naufahu (who did however play a good Emperor Grumm in Power Rangers SPD who is way younger than he is since this guy was born in 1946).

And I'll admit, like Hayato Tani he is very much a man!  Now too bad he didn't appear too much in other Tokusatsu series like he could have played as Kenta's master in Hikari Sentai Maskman or any martial arts instructor in other Tokusatsu series.

Comments