Why I Think Liu Yi Fei is So Popular?


Since it's Liu Yi Fei's birthday I thought I'd give this as a gift to her.  Why is she so popular?  What's the big deal with her?  Well I'd like to talk about one of my favorite Chinese hotties Liu Yi Fei.  For a new generation, she's a fresh actress but for some of my older,  For some of my aunts, she would actually remind them of one of Qin Han's leading ladies...


Brigitte Lin... while I'd admit I saw her older pictures first considering most of the Chinese films I've seen are from 2000s-present (I'm now doing some backtrack watching), I really wanted to say, "Liu Yi Fei is that you?" to Brigitte Lin's younger pictures.   While I can't really talk too much about Brigitte Lin since I hardly know her, I can talk more about Liu Yi Fei.  An aunt of mine who's almost 70 now (she's 69 years old) mentions that Liu Yi Fei's appeal is similar to that of Brigitte Lin's old movies.  Now I can't comment on that considering I've only known Brigitte Lin much later,  Liu Yi Fei's beauty is very classical for me.  She would almost resemble those unique beauties in the 70s-80s- for me she is a prettier version of Brigitte Lin.  They both have killer smiles, picture positive! =P


Another actress you may want to compare her to is Liu Xue Hua.  Okay I've seen Liu Xue Hua first as the mean mother in "Emerald on the Roof".  Liu Xue Hua is an awesome actress so I decided to try to watch at least one series where she and Qin Han were paired namely the 1986 version of Romance in the Rain.  For Liu Yi Fei, I have seen her in "Demigods and Semi-Devils", "Return of Condor Heroes" and "Chinese Paladin" for TV series and in "Chinese Ghost Story" and "Forbidden Kingdom" for movies. She can also express herself in any way possible.


I would also credit her public appeal, her charm and acting ability as to why she has gotten popular.  While I do find Esther Liu prettier than her but she's had more publicity image.  I have observed how often she has displayed her natural charm in most of her moments on talk shows, variety shows and other stuff aside from her movies and series.  At the same time, she is also an empowerment to women everywhere, making the image of "All Girls Allowed".

As I'll say Happy Birthday Liu Yi Fei and best wishes!

Comments