My Personal Opinion on Erina Nakayama's and Reiko Chiba's Cute Girl Approach For Television!


When I first saw Kamen Rider Wizard, I always thought that WTF.... Erina Nakayama looks like Reiko Chiba (see picture above).  While I'm not a huge fan of Mei in Zyuranger but I took a better liking to Erina.  Both actresses were 17 years old when they were cast in their roles.  Reiko Chiba was Mei, Erina Nakayama acted as Medusa and Mayu in Kamen Rider Wizard.


I could talk about Reiko Chiba as Mei.  It's funny how I like Zyuranger more but couldn't warm up to her as much as you know my extreme favoritism for Kimberly in MMPR over Mei right?  As a person who doesn't like cuties as much as hotties, I felt like her squeaky, high pitched voice wasn't something that appealing to me.  Some people find it appealing but personally, I don't find her all that appealing.  I felt like her acting wasn't really that good compared to Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly.  Again, it's my extreme favoritism at work so remember that!


On the other hand, I think Erina Nakayama herself manages to pull a more mature performance for her age of 17.  I wonder if she took some acting lessons prior to Kamen Rider Wizard.  The fact that while Erina is a cutie, she doesn't have the cute, high-pitched voice that made her performance as both Mayu and Medusa in Kamen Rider Wizard shows she can act as two different characters in one scenario.  As Medusa, she knows how to appear as a bitch and as Mayu, she knows how to be a cutie.  At the same time, she is a prettier version of Reiko Chiba.

Overall, each person have their own preferences right so feel free to disagree with me!

Comments