Tribute to Kazuo Niibori aka Mr. Red Ranger

Heh I really feel ashamed of myself of not knowing who was the man behind the red rangers of my childhood but now to write a tribute to him.


Yup this is him when he guest starred in Akibaranger. It's a shame really some Super Sentai fans (like myself) fail to credit this great dude Kazuo Niibori who played thirteen red ranger suit roles STRAIGHT from Battle Fever J up to Jetman while he did also for Goranger. So yeah,he did many of the stunts and faced off against many of the legends like Masashi Ishibashi (Battle Fever J, Dynaman, Turboranger), Daisuke Tachi (Jetman), Yutaka Hirose (Flashman, Liveman, Jetman) and that there's no doubt he is Mr. Red. In fact the more diehard fans (I'm not really one of them) would have been happy for him to be in that one great episode of Akibaranger. Also during the Showa era of Kamen Rider he was the stunt actor for Kamen Rider 1 and 2, Kamen Rider X and Kamen Rider Amazon. He also was involved in Daitetsujin 17.


In Chojin Sentai Jetman, he acted as the priest to officiate the marriage of Ryu and Kaori. If I missed any cameos he had, please let me know. Made me think that while he was the stuntman to do the wedding, Black Condor's stunt actor Naoki Oofuji was playing the thug that ended Gai Yuki's life (but I wish Daisuke Tachi were the one playing the thug instead to hint Radiguet's vengeance). So yeah, I didn't even recognize him before so sorry to say. I can also remember that he'd make cameos in other shows as an extra, while also serving as a stuntman.


What's so great about this guy is that he really still cherishes his Tokusatsu days. Cheers!

Comments