Why I Called Rin Takanashi as the New Amy Jo Johnson


For Rin Takanashi, this girl kind of left me a huge nostalgic impression which was most likely unintended but yeah it did.  So why is that?  I thought of her role as Mako Shiraishi as a kindhearted girl with the impulse to fix people.  So what made me call her the new Amy Jo Johnson?  Well this is basically more of my impression of her in Shinkenger than anything else which was last 2009.  When I first saw Shinkenger and continued watching it, I had a nostalgic impression on her appearance-wise.  Compared to other hotties like Haruka Suenaga, Nao Nagasawa and Ayumi Kinoshita to name a few that came before her, she really has that unique impression of a beauty.


Her attractiveness, her pretty smile and the impression of innocence reminds me of Amy Jo Johnson's charm way back in 1993 when she was Kimberly in MMPR.  I'd even say she is prettier than most of the Super Sentai or Power Rangers girls for the last decade up to the present.  During the first time I watched Shinkenger, I just couldn't appreciate her for her real ability!  Both have a different charm but I think is similar in some way but still, she reminded me of my childhood crush on Amy Jo Johnson for all those reasons I just mentioned.  She then became my silly reason to watch Shinkenger at the same time.  So it's safe for me to pass the crown of "Hotter than any Sentai or PR Girl" from Amy Jo Johnson down to Rin Takanashi before the crown is inevitably passed to another woman.


Her out of suit fighting in Shinkenger for me isn't really anything outstanding, just reminds me of the adequate but nothing special out of suit fighting in MMPR like Amy Jo Johnson can fight but can't do a bigger bang.  So yeah, pretty "sub-par" most of the time compared to most classic pink rangers in 80s to 90s Super Sentai.  It still reminds me of Amy Jo Johnson's rather just adequate fighting as well.

Just my iffy post and two cents! =P

Comments