Ayumi Kinoshita Fits Well for Her Role as Jasmine in Dekaranger


While I'm doing a Dekaranger episode analysis post, I thought I might also talk about Ayumi Kinoshita's days as Jasmine.  I would really say she is one badass actress and she's defnitely among the yellows who really stand out.  The character of Jasmine is displayed to be one sexy bruiser.  The role of Jasmine could have landed on Maayu Gamo (who appeared in Hibiki as an ally, she appeared in Dekaranger as Succubus) and I would admit, she tends to be the show stealer herself.  Honestly, while I usually yawn at most 2000s Sentai action scenes missing the days when all the guys and girls were real bruisers, Jasmine enters into my list of exception to the rule.

So while Dekaranger has its own cast of good acting, I think the actress' acting kind of stands out from the rest.  For me, she's among those rare moments when an actress could really, I mean unintentionally steals the show.  Why do I say so?  Jasmine's character is a calm, collected individual but she also has a tragic past.  The actress was able to act out the flashbacks while maintaining Jasmine's calm, collected self most of the time.  Also, Jasmine's character does also show strong emotions when need be like facing Succubus or just in any Jasmine development episode.  I love the strong communication she portrays whenever Jasmine has to face danger.

One of the challenges I believe in Jasmine's character is that she can go from being elegant to being kickass.  The actress share both attributes though I prefer to credit her being kickass than being elegant which Jasmine is known for her kickass nature.  The actress' display of elegance and kickass when need be comes in at right timing aside from her strong acting abilities.  I would say the actress meets the challenge rather professionally and properly.  As kickass, I would admit I would be afraid to be near her.  At the same time, I still think her character Jasmine is also overrated which I may write about soon.

Comments