Is the Crowded Premiere for Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno One of the Many Proofs That Failipino Media is Declining in Quality?


It's very impossible for an enlightened, educated Filipino to love anything that's garbage whether it's Filipino or abroad. The same has gone for the quality of Filipino ahem Failipino entertainment with networks like ABias-CBN which is controlled by the Cowackos, President Nobita's relatives on his mother side. It's very hard to get persons excited these days about OPM better known as Obviously Pathetic Music because a lot of Pinoy entertainment is JUST VERY BAD! And why I ended up writing the article because of the massive crowd at the RK Event. And yup, I consider them my comrades though I do hope nobody with a job/homework/etc. to do was there and that most of those who went there, were free for the day. Sad to say I wasn't there too because I don't have the time. While I'm doing most writing, however I can't just easily leave because I have tenants to attend to!

As a person, I once feared I had become a colonial mentalist when I ended up preferring Chinese entertainment and Japanese entertainment over Filipino entertainment. Then again, my Chinese roots and descent may be an influence to that. Again, I cannot deny the bad quality of Pinoy drama such as the following. You have overly repetitive stories, a love for bad acting, extension only for ratings, too many localizations which sour up badly (ex. Zaidorks), Cinderella themes, feeling mature, and WHATEVER you can name... and in fact I ended up totally bashing a lot of ABias-CBN's poor quality stories and in extension, Ginago Mga Audience has its own fair share of blames too. Who can forget the lack of originality of Pinoy fictional heroes to the point that a parody hero like Gagamboy or a parody heroine like Volta deserves respect? Later I discovered, I wasn't because as I said, I don't consider everything imported good. It's just that I reject every form of garbage regardless where it comes from!

I can't really blame those people who either asked for a leave or even skipped work (hopefully not so many) to be there at the event in SM Mandaluyong. After seeing the first Rurouni Kenshin movie in the theaters, I was amazed at how Modern Japan's cinema is hardly half-baked. I was so impressed by the movie despite a few disappointments in casting (ex. I wanted Tori Matsuzaka, not Takeru Sato as Kenshin). And the magnificent performance of the movie had me waiting last 2012 and now it's 2014- and even if I had no time to be there, I was still happy nonetheless that the main cast of Rurouni Kenshin came with the red carpet and that Sato had a warm welcome. Well, I guess there were some people that probably cried tears of joy off-screen too for that event! Or maybe a fan may have cried tears of joy on screen when interviewed.


So why the passionate reception? So why the warm welcome for Sato and his group? Maybe it's because some Filipinos are sick and tired of all the same GARBAGE at the Imperial Manila Film Festival year after year... and it's all really too much. So far, no news of the leftists and garbage entertainers just yet but I'm sure they are all butthurt by the event! For my assumption ONLY, I just thought welcoming Sato and his group with open arms was because they could deliver quality. What Filipino film makers and script writers should do is try to see how they can improve rather than be butthurt when something foreign exceeds them... especially in their own home country. I can't blame Rurouni Kenshiners like myself for being there when they can be there, or in my case to feel happy for my fellow Rurouni Kenshiners who found free time to be there either.

Besides, I would like to say assuming the Den-Liner from Kamen Rider Den-O existed, I would RATHER ride that train than the Metro Railway Trash train. Besides, I really also would like to be happy that Sato, Emi Takei and Aoiki Munetaka were appointed as Cultural Friendship Ambassadors... to link Modern Japan to the Philippines. And as said, go ahead Pinoy pridists be BUTTHURT all you want but most Failipino entertainment is GARBAGE!!!!

Comments

  1. I would be laughing if some of the people who went in that event are also Pinoy Pridists. That would make them hypocrites by then... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you might be. On the other hand, it was funny how I knew a Pinoy pridist who was actually heavily a fan of American boy bands! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment