My Early Thoughts On Kamen Rider Zi-O's Cast

Yup, Kamen Rider Zi-O's cast is out and I got this news from the Tokusatsu News Network and Nihon Hero. As said, rather than give the updates -- I'd react to them and here's my early thoughts. Here's the list of the primary cast that will play the story of Zi-O. So here's the cast of characters together with their descriptions. Instead of copying/paste from the source, I could try to rewrite them with my own touch and I have looked at Asian Wiki to find out something about them -- so please take them with a grain of salt!

Sou Okuno plays the main hero known as Sougo Tokiwa. What's interesting to know is that he was born in the year 2000 -- back when I turned 15 years old! Recently, he would be 18 years old -- hmmm talk about being born in the Year of Kamen Rider Kuuga. He's just turned 18 and now he will play in the 20th anniversary of the Heisei era! It's amazing to think how 18 is somewhat of a magical number -- like it is in Kosoku Sentai Turboranger!

Gaku Oshida plays Kamen Rider Geiz. He was born in April 9, 1997. He has already had acting experience in movies namely "Make a Bow and Kiss" and "Samurai Sensei". That would be a very good thing for his resume, right?

Shieri Ohata plays as Tsukuyomi who appears as an older sister type. What's interesting to know is that she's already has experience in J-Dramas and movies since last year. I guess this would give her an edge for the character she plays -- she would warn Zi-O about the possible future that could happen. She would be the same age as Yuuka Yano since she was born in November 5, 1998.

Senior actor Katsuhisa Namase will play as the hero's granduncle. Hmmm where have I seen him before? Wait, he was the vice-principal in the live adaptation of Gokusen -- the very first show that got me interested to watch more J-Drama.

Keisuke Watanabe will play as the mysterious prophet called "Wars". Hmmm is this guy going to be a remake of Narutaki in Kamen Rider Decade? If I'm not wrong he's born in 1985 -- making me just as old as him! But I just need more resources because I could be proven wrong here.

Others will include Rihito Itagaki who will play as Ulol, Ayaka Konno plays as Time Jacker Aura and Kentaro Kanesaki (who really looks like a younger Tetsuo Kurata) play as Time Jacker Sworz. I think these are very young members. Itagaki if I'm not wrong is born in 2002 which would make him 16 years old today and Konno is born in 1999 -- which makes her 19 years old today. Hmmm... is it me or is Kamen Rider and Super Sentai the new acting workshop? No problem there. I think both shows can make great in one's experience in the acting industry! Also, Kanesaki is born in June 2, 1984 which makes him an Old Generation Toku fan -- now he's acting as a villain! Hmmm... what will his "big brother" Kurata have to say that his "little brother" has become a villain?

Certain cast members of Kamen Rider EX-AID were also spotted. So far, we have Atsuhiko Inukai, Eiji Akaso, Toshiki Seto and Hiroki Iijima are shown. They will resume their roles which will presumably be different worlds -- just like how Kamen Rider Decade portrayed the nine Kamen Rider alternate reality worlds as different worlds for different Kamen Riders. So who's also coming back to resume their old roles?

Sidenote, I'm excited and nervous at the same time due to the producer-writer tandem is actually Shinichiro Shirakura and Kento Shimoyama. =P

Updated: August 8, 2018

Comments