Why I Think Rin Takanashi is That Popular


After reading some exchange Fantasy Leader's comments on this post by That Chick (and reading some of Fantasy Leader's comments hoping that this friendly opposition will stir my head), a post I waited for since I had no idea where to start with my article on why Rin Takanashi is overrated, I was compelled to even write this one.  The first part was on why I think Rin Takanashi is overrated, now I would like to explain why she is that popular.  I could probably talk about why Rin Takanashi is that popular.  I mean, it's like as if she's the best thing ever, never mind you have better Japanese actresses like Ayumi Kinoshita or Nao Nagasawa (both who are favorite action girls of mine to the point I hate the idea of these two being there just to be standing pretty).  Okay I think she is better than Rika Sato or most succeeding pinks but I think Mika Kikuchi is more seasoned for action.  So let's get started shall we?


One could go back to Samurai Sentai Shinkenger and her role as Mako Shiraishi.  I would admit she did have hot predecessors like Nao Nagasawa, Aiko Ito, Ayumi Kinoshita and Haruka Suenaga... but personally, I think she's hotter than them or most of her predecessors or successors but that is MY opinion and my opinion DOES NOT constitute the general opinion!  During Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, I would believe that Rin Takanashi's role as Mako Shiraishi created a similar effect to Amy Jo Johnson's role as Kimberly Hart in MMPR!  I would admit that I always thought Kimberly was the hottest girl around over other Sentai and PR girls then I handed over the crown to Mako.  Kimberly Hart of MMPR was coined by some as "every 90s boy's first crush" which for me is just plain exaggerated.  If Kimberly had her share of overrating back then, Mako has her share too maybe this time, a wider audience.  The character of Mako may have brought Rin Takanashi to that popularity level.


As a show host and and actress, I would admit she has her charming side.  Okay I used that picture of her cooking in Doki Doki TV to remind people that I am NOOOOOOT talking about Mako Shiraishi but the actress, Rin Takanashi who can cook vs. her character who can't.  I have seen some videos of her as a show host.  She acts naturally in her role and has a very lively image.  A pretty girl can be boring.  She has both looks and charm in doing her role as a show host.  She also had her looks and charm while she was playing as Mako Shiraishi.  So she becomes also a powerful commercial figure in the process.


Okay pardon the whole picture's "steamy nature" but I thought I really could talk about her acting skills were tested as Arisa Yamauchi the slut in Love for Beginners.  I just thought she was perfect for the bitch character based on her looks, height and ability, mostly her acting ability.  I would say that the fact she could do this bad girl role properly.  I mean, notice the creepy smile here is pretty convincing over her warm and loving smile in Shinkenger and Houkago Groove.  Those earlier scenes of her make you hate her character thanks to excellent performance!  Even if she's not that outstanding, but still she can carry out her part rather well.  I mean, let her act another bad girl role so well, I would hate the character at the same time praise her acting!

Comments