Belated Happy Birthday Lin Dai

It would have been Lin Dai's 72th birthday last December 27, 2008 if she were still alive. Anyway I don't know much about her but I feel like to leave tribute for her. She does look like my late auntie who died of cancer of the pancreas at least three years ago.

Right now her son is a lawyer and not into show business.

Here is an excerpt documentary of her on Discovery Channel but I don't compare her to Marilyn Monroe:



This is Lin Dai in "Les Belles" which is a musical:



Another clip from "Les Belles". A dance number:



Here is a scene of my Grandma Gertrude's favorite film. Actually most of Lin Dai's films are tragic:



Here is her on stage singing Everlasting Love, Mountain Song and Dream.



Lin Dai singing (but her voice was cut mute so Koo Mei's was used). I remembered my grandmother used to watch this movie. The music is so great even for a classic oldie. The truth is as a lover of classical music, it's great.

And something dedicated to her: (Note: Patricia Lam and Betty Loh included)

Comments