Late Tribute to Leslie Cheung

Okay it's past April 1 and yesterday was his death anniversary. How could I forget? Slap. Anyway, even if I am a straight pride guy - I just can't help but still honor Leslie Cheung's contribution to Chinese entertainment with quality music, the best instrumentals and really good acting!

One of his best movies has to be She's a Man, He's a Woman where it's an awkward attraction of a gay and a lesbian.

Another was the Chinese Ghost Story which was later turned into a TV series starring Daniel Chan.

Comments

  1. I love Leslie Cheung! Very handsome, like a handsomer version of Mick Jagger. Oh, and Who's the Woman, Who's the Man, the sequel to He's a woman, She's the man, explores the female lead questioning her sexuality. The first one didn't have any gay women. Wing wasn't gay. Anita Yui was in the sequel. (I love these movies) I admire Leslie Cheung's real life struggle with revealing his sexuality (I think he was bi, he did love women, but his final love was a man) as well as him trying to find himself, and his role in the Hong Kong pop industry. So sad, but so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment