Teresa Teng's Moon Represents My Heart



From all of the songs Teresa Teng had performed, the most classic for me is "Moon Represents My Heart"- a simple yet meaningful song. It was way back in the late 80s and it still is classic to this very day. So far there have been many renditions but none matches her.

Here are some of the renditions I could remember:
  • Andy Lau- Not of very good quality.
  • Anita Mui- She has a good voice but not good enough. She sang it in honor of the late actress. (deceased)
  • Leslie Cheung- Despite his lack of voice quality, he sure knows how to create the best instrumentals. (deceased)
  • Jerry Yan- I didn't enjoy his voice during the first time he sang this song, later his voice improved.
Also there were remade versions by:
  • Linda Wong made a jazz version of the song which was a happier, livelier version.
  • David Tao made a modern version with a few rap lines in the song.
For the English translation:

The translation in English:

1:
You ask how deeply I love you,
and just how great my love is.
My affection is real,
and my love is true.
The moon represents my heart.

2:
You ask how deeply I love you,
and just how great my love is.
My affection does not waver
and my love doesn't change.
The moon represents my heart.

3:
So soft was the kiss
that has moved my heart.
Such a deep affection
makes me long for you now.

4:
You ask how deeply I love you,
and just how great my love is.
Consider this,
and look above.
The moon represents my heart.

(Repeat 3)

(Repeat 4)

Consider this,
and look above.
The moon represents my heart.

Comments

  1. The Moon Represents My Heart - Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4lzx4dEuE8

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment