Teresa Teng's Tian Mi MI



Teresa Teng's Tian Mi Mi is one of my favorite songs. I can remember my sister singing this song during a singing contest in school. The song itself is still very memorable to me this very day. It was sung by Roman Tam who died of the same disease one of my cousins had passed away from just recently who also had an uncle and an aunt who died the same way too.

It had some modern renditions, some I liked, others I didn't like- and the only modern rendition I liked was that of Machi Didi.

Here's the English translation for those who can't understand Mandarin:

Honey sweet; your smile is honey sweet.
Like flowers blossoming in the spring breeze.
Blossoming in the spring breeze.

* Where? Where have I caught sight of you before?
Your smiling face is so familiar.
Momentarily, I couldn’t recall.
Ahh ~ In my dreams.

** In my dream. In my dream, I caught sight of you.
Honey sweet. Your smile is very sweet.
It is you. It is you. I saw you in my dreams.

Comments