Hiroki Aiba as Ryunosuke Ikenami/Shinken Blue in Shinkenger


It's another role analysis time and I think I'd go for Hiroki Aiba as Ryunosuke Ikenami.  So maybe I don't really find him all that outstanding then again, he's still done his part well.  Prior to that, he was best known for his role in the Prince of Tennis musical as Shusuke Fuji as one of the supporting characters to which again in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, he would play a supporting character which may have been typecast into him considering the popularity of the Super Sentai series in Japan.


The character of Ryunosuke for me is one challenging role considering him being serious about his job yet he always lands into hammy overreacting or two, scenarios that just tend to be very unkind to him.  Who can forget about that rather dumb scene he had eating Mako's food (and spitting it all out) or two, his encounter with Mr. Brown who was acted by Italian-Japanese actor John Kaminari.  So we pretty much have him playing roles as a loyal vassal, a dedicated warrior yet who is prone to comedic scenes though he does know how not to be funny when it's a really serious scene.


Overall, I woulds say he really carried out the silly role well.  In fact, I was so impressed it made me wish he were chosen to be Sanosuke Segara for the Rurouni Kenshin film.

Comments