Also Enough of the Chinese Pride Already!

I have written something about Pinoy Pride for this blog, now it's time to address the issue of Chinese pride. If you think Pinoy pride is the only issue, that's where you are wrong.  There is American pride, European pride, etc. and we have Chinese pride.  I don't know if I'll write something on Korean pride but where do I start?


First I would like to address that Bruce Lee one of the greatest martial artists who sadly died so young was married to an American woman and had two children.  For the average Chinese pridist, Bruce Lee teaching martial arts to various races like having a black man for his protege to teaching white people made him a "traitor".  Like it or not, some traditional Chinese are so engrossed in useless traditions that they think marrying another race means "bad luck" to them.  Also during Bruce Lee's time, I would admit discrimination against Chinese was prevalent but remember, many Chinese during that time also discriminated other races as their "enemies".  Bruce Lee was the reason why I ended up changing my views.


Famous Taiwanese singer Wakin Chau has been happily married to his American wife Constance Woods-Chau for more than two decades, the relationship is still going strong.  Some Chinese to Chinese marriages just fail, believe it or not.  I was thinking I really salute this strong mixed marriage family and other Chinese to whatever race mixed marriage family that has kept themselves strong.


Honestly, some Chinese pridists refuse to bury the hatchet.  I would say that Imperial Japan did a lot of horrible stuff to Chinese people back then but come on, the current Japanese aren't the same people who did all those horrible stuff!  I was thinking, World War II is over- Imperial Japan is dead, Japan is no longer enemies with the United States and China so why can't these Chinese pridists bury the hatchet once and for all?  Just to be honest, a lot of Chinese in the past have a long history of considering themselves superior above all races when that is absolutely just plain stupid which makes it the reason why some of them still refuse to bury the hatchet.  That's the thinking that Bruce Lee wanted to defeat among his people.  I'm just glad that some Japanese celebrities make it into the world of Chinese entertainment like Youki Kato and Erika Toda both with whom Vic Chou worked with.  Some great talents were half-Chinese, half-Japanese like Yukari Oshima and Takeshi Kaneshiro to name a few.


Some Chinese people I'd say tend to discriminate talents of other races.  I would say despite some really bad issues with the Philippines, there are talented Filipinos to praise like Sharon Cuneta, Lea Salonga and Regine Velasquez.  Some of them even think a Filipino who defeated them fair and square was "cheating" and it was "unfair".  It's no better than the Pinoy pridist's pride.


Just because one Chinese is talented doesn't make the whole Chinese race talented.  I mean, Regine Velasquez will always be a better singer than some famous Chinese singers.  In fact, I think Regine Velasquez has a better voice than Coco Lee who she had a duet with though I'm not a big fan of either.  It was stupid how I knew somebody who argued why his children who had tone deaf voices couldn't win a singing contest and argued with the judge that the Chinese are talented singers.  Really, that is really as stupid as Pinoy Pride!  It made me think, talents of every race must be recognized without biases.  There are smart Chinese, there are stupid Chinese, why can't those Chinese pridists see that?

Comments