I'm Happy to Know Japanese Fans Still Remember HK Legend, Leslie Cheung!

Even after many years, Japanese fans still can't forget HK Legend, Leslie Cheung!

It's been ten years since Leslie Cheung died but I'm glad to see how the legend and influence of the man still lives on.  Here are the Japanese fans who still remember him.  For one, he also did a Cantonese rendition of the song "Monica" originally by Koji Kikkawa.  He was also paired alongside with another late HK legend, Anita Mui for the film "Rouge" who died on December 30 of the same year he died.  Leslie Cheung was also known not only for dramatic roles but also for action-based roles, which he almost reminds me of former Japanese actor Jun Yoshida who is still alive and teaching as a University professor in Kyoto.

So far the only films I've seen of him are "Rouge" where his character died of a karmic backlash.  In "Chinese Ghost Story", well I just watched it after I saw "A Chinese Ghost Story" as the main character Ning Choi San (Yan Chixia in Mandarin) alongside actress Joey Yung who I am less familiar with.  I only watched it after the 2011 version which starred Louis Koo and Liu Yi Fei to compare the two versions. But as said, I am happy that these fans still remember the legendary HK actor who I heard more about during my trip to Hong Kong.

Comments