Before Regine Velasquez Amazed Hong Kong, There Was Jenny Tseng
It's known that Regine Velasquez-Alcasid is one of the most influential Asian singers. But before her, I thought we might want to give extra credit to a singer named Jenny Tseng. Yes, I'd like to think about how this singer sang English songs (with a British accent) before Regine rightfully won her award last December 23, 1989.
I find it strange she looks like Tessie Tomas. She managed to conceive her daughter via her husband's stored sperm. I thought about how her performance here can remind me of Regine's performances (which I saw first). I thought about Regine's fame in Hong Kong's not too surprising if singers like Jenny are the norm.
Here's Regine in her first winning number. She was also 19 years old, the same age when the late Anita Mui won in the New Talent Singing Competition. Regine won the Asia Pacific Singing Contest in 1989.
Overall, I always thought it was fun listening to both divas. I tend to joke mixing
Overall, I always thought it was fun listening to both divas. I tend to joke mixing
Comments
Post a Comment