Stage Actor Kentarou Kanesaki

I decided to do some research on Kentaro Kenasaki who is now part of Kamen Rider Zi-O's cast. At first, I thought he was a man in his 20s but this Tetsuo Kurata "clone" (and the actor is 49 years old) is actually born on June 2, 1984 which makes him another Old Generation fan of Japanese stuff like me -- note that I am one year younger than he is. So, like Keisuke Minami (who's a stage actor and J-Drama regular) -- here's Kenasaki and what I found out about him!

Here's data that I found. I know it's old but it's still part of his data, right? 

Name: Kanesaki Kentaro

Nickname: Kane-chan

Birthday: June 2, 1984

Blog: Kentaro World

Website: Official Website Here!

Hobbies: Swimming, fishing in mountain streams, volleyball, calligraphy

Best Anime on Stage Roles: Among MANY others, his credits include Sanada Genichirou in the First Season of Tenimyu, Hijikata Toshizo in Peacemaker Shinsengumi, Gwendal in Kyou Kara Maoh!, Phoenix Wright in the first Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) stage, and currently Doubashi Masakiyo in Yowamushi Pedal.

Non-Anime on Stage Roles: DEAR BOYS, Sanada & His Ten Braves (Sanada Yukimura), Cantarella, Oichi Gaiden of Blue Sky, and many others! 


I just thought that he's actually 16 years younger than his "big brother" Kurata.

The facial resemblance is quite close but not really. I wonder why I didn't notice it before? It's really funny how they could pass as siblings with a 16 year age gap. Just wondering, did he ever eat the Billy the Kid Restaurant? If so, he could actually troll everyone (with Kurata's consent) due to the similarity in appearance. Hmmm... it'd be like asking Liza Soberano and Meisa Kuroki to eat lunch there with Risa Hontiveros since they all look similar!

Also, it had me thinking that since Kamen Rider Decade was focused on alternate worlds -- Kanesaki himself could have done well as an alternate version of Kotaro Minami instead of Kurata. Though, it's nice that Kurata himself still pays homage to Kamen Rider Black as his career starter. 

Comments